In celebration of the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, we're starting a new sermon series called "Sola: What Matters Most". Sola is a Latin word that means alone. There are five solas we'll be studying.
- Solus Christus: Christ Alone – Christ alone does all the work for our salvation on the cross.
- Sola Gratia: Grace Alone – Christ gives us His work not because we are deserving, but because He is loving.
- Sola Fide: Faith Alone – We receive what Christ has done not because of something we do, but because of whom we trust.
- Sola Scriptura: Scripture Alone – We know all this not because we are really smart, but because God has revealed it to us.
- Soli Deo Gloria: To God’s Glory Alone – Because of all that God has done for us, we don’t live for ourselves, but for Him.
We're starting off with "Solus Christus" and how Jesus Christ alone is the source of our salvation. Or as Martin Luther put it nearly 500 years ago: “The cross alone is our theology.”